Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Blessing






Hallelujah!



Give thanks to the Lord because he is good, because his mercy endures forever. Psalm 106:1




What a joy it was to spend the day with Rachel. You won't believe where... at Apple Holler on an all day kindergarten field trip! Yes, one day after chemo, Rachel was out listening to Johnny Appleseed sing, riding on a bumpy wagon, and picking apples in the orchard. She looked absolutely adorable. You would never know all she is going though when you see her. I was amazed at how well she did all day. What a blessing for Luke to have his mom come along. I am so thankful to God for this time!




I love riding with Rachel on field trips. We have had so much fun over the years (even getting lost a few times : ) On this trip we were laughing about the enormous lunches Mark packed for Luke and her - two sandwiches each! We wondered if he wanted them to stay the night. Then on the way back to school, all the kids in our van were really thirsty. We only had one water bottle so we made our own water fountain. It was pretty funny to watch.




Please continue to pray for our dear friend, Rachel and her family. She is such a joy to so many. I thank God for the wonderful day I got to spend with her on Wednesday.




Wait with hope for the Lord. Be strong, and let your heart be courageous. Yes, wait with hope for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment