I've received some questions from some of you all, and will attempt to provide some answers tonight.
Yesterday, Mark reported the following to me: (I thought everyone would most appreciate Mark's own voice):
Rachel's cancer is stage IIIb Er+Pr+ Her2neu-
Here is a great website that details the treatment course better than I could. \http://www.ibcsupport.org/treatment.html
Rachel is doing pretty well. She woke up with a fair amount of bone pain but it got better as the day went on and with a few medications. She toughed it out and had fun dropping Abby off at camp. Your prayers were answered on the blog about the kids activities. Sam was reluctant at first about his science class, however he realy enjoyed it and wants to go back tomorrow. Luke was easy as pie of course and had a great time with Audrey. The boys had a great time at VBS tonight too. Even I had a pretty good day. The best day since before diagnosis. I had the house to myself for 3 hours when Rachel went to camp with Abby. I slept well and actually found time to go for a run tonight because they were all out of the house for a little while (except Rachel).
End.
Today will be Rachel's blood draw. Her good friend, Bridget Patch, will be accompanying her. Let's pray for postive and encouraging information from these tests and also a good time of fellowship and conversation for these two friends. Something bright and positive in circumstances of dimness. Let's pray that Rachel have energy even as she reaches a valley after her last chemo and injection treatments. Let's pray for good nurses and that Rachel stay healthy and free of germs or sickness right now. Let's pray for Rachel's walk with God, that she feel His presence and know His closeness, even while no one can understand the what for's of this all.
Let's also take the next 24 hours to pray for Sam and Luke. Let's pray for protection for them as they are out and about, that God move deeply in them and draw them close to Him. Let's also pray that they each get some quality moments in with Rachel and that they feel close and connected to her. Let's pray that their little kid minds stay focused on little kid thoughts and that God protect them from worry and anxiety.
I apologize, as I believe I have thwarted, inadvertantly, your ability, as the reader, to leave much wanted comments. I have altered the settings and you may use "annonymous" to post, but please leave your name IN the comment.
Rachel, take refuge in God, who knows you and sees you. We, as your friends and family, are lifting you up in prayer all day and are praying faithfully and boldly for your recovery, friend. Though you are walking this path, take comfort in knowing that many are beside you.
No comments:
Post a Comment